Minnie Dlamini gets real about the fat-shaming she has endured over the past few years, in the latest issue of True Love magazine. The TV presenter is the star of the publication’s first-ever dual covers. Minnie has been plagued with pregnancy rumours ever since her September 2017 wedding to producer Quinton Jones.
The Homeground star picked up a bit of weight in the months following their lavish Cape Town wedding, leading many to believe she had a bun in the oven. People can be really mean and forget that we have feelings too.
No one wants to be told that they are pregnant when they aren’t,” she told the publication. The fat-shaming got so bad, Minnie begged people to stop speculating about her weight gain.
“Let’s trust in God’s timing for the arrival of my offspring. We also need to be cognizant of how insensitive it is to speculate about pregnancy. You don’t know my journey or what I’ve been through or go through. Let’s just think before we tweet please,” she tweeted in February 2019.
Business is going well…Let’s trust in God’s timing for the arrival of my offspring 🙏🏾 We also need to be cognizant of how insensitive it is to speculate about pregnancy. You don’t know my journey or what I’ve been through or go through. Let’s just think before we tweet please✌🏾
— Minnie Dlamini Jones (@MinnieDlamini) February 5, 2019
But the body shaming did not stop. One Twitter user told the 29-year-old star in July 2019 that her husband would leave her because she was getting “too fat”. Why do woman stop taking care of themselves after being married. This one she is getting fat everyday look at her face and chin. Mr Jones will start searching!” the man wrote.
Minnie silenced the fat-shamers earlier this month. The star shared a picture of herself in a blue bikini that showed off her amazing figure.
In other news – Vatiswa Ndara finally got a reply to her open letter from minister Nathi Mthethwa
Three months after a disgruntled Vatiswa Ndara penned an open letter that went viral on social media, minister of arts and culture Nathi Mthethwa has finally responded to her concerns.
The minister shared a statement on Twitter this week, addressing claims of alleged exploitation in the industry and advised that actors should study and “evoke the Basic Conditions of Employment Act et al in the interim” and that the matter fell within the jurisdiction of the department of employment and labour. Read more