Home South Africa News Mdu Masilela’s assault case resurfaces

Mdu Masilela’s assault case resurfaces

In October 2017,  Mdu Masilela’s baby mama – Sibahle Dlamini opened a case of assault against Masilela after a fight broke between the two when Mdu went to evict Dlamini from one of the homes he owns.

Speaking to Sowetan, Masilela said he had gone to evict Dlamini from the house one Saturday night when the fight broke out. “There was never any intent on my part to do any harm to her. My wife was informed where I was going to and the purpose of the visit,” he said.

The news of the assault spread like wildfire after this image of said Dlamini was shared all over social media.

Mdu Masilela

Loading...

The incident then lead to Dlamini laying a charge of common assault against Masilela to which he responded with a counter-charge of assault. At the time Masilela was then released on R5,000 bail.

Since then the case has been seemingly quiet but the incident has resurfaced again after Dlamini and Masilela appeared in court in the month of July.

Sibahle Dlamini

According to Sunday papers, it’s alleged that Dlamini requested to withdraw the case during the court appearance, however, the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) rejected her request. One of the main reasons the NPA rejected her request is that the organization takes domestic violence very seriously and that the decision to continue with the case will bring forth justice.

Mdu is said to be co-operating with the law during this matter.

Source: Zalebs

 

Advertisements

Facebook Comments

Loading...