Curriculum Developer – Science required urgently: APPLY NOW
QBS Learning is seeking an innovative, creative Learning Architects for science who have a passion for creating thoughtful learning solutions.
The Learning Architect will develop instructional design plans, print and digital manuscripts, video storyboards and scripts, and digital interactives and simulations as well as assist with program development and ensure lesson alignment with standards and guidelines. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of NGSS or GCSE for Science, demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills, have prior experience developing content for digital products, and be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
A Master’s degree, teaching experience, and content development experience needed.
Location including Zimbabwe as well
Core tasks and responsibilities:
The Learning Architect is responsible for developing and supporting learning solutions in science.
1. Perform the role of a Subject Matter Expert in science:
2. create instructional design plans for lessons;
3. write lessons;
4. edit or revise lessons in response to feedback or direction from the client; and
5. review produced lessons against content and quality-control checklists.
6. Understand client products, requirements and specific needs for their market.
7. Brainstorm and collaborate with client in addressing their needs & requirements.
8. Participate in various capacities in the editorial development of learning solutions from concept to final product.
9. Align curriculum to NGSS or GCSE standards;
10. Identify innovative strategies to meet the curricular demands of the program;
11. Manage course development, which consists of course maps, learning objectives, instructional design plans, learning objects and activities to meet specific state and/or national standards;
12. Stay current on best practices in teaching science, including strategies, trends and initiatives;
13. Exhibit a strong command of English grammar, syntax, reading, writing, sentence structure, as well as science pedagogy.
14. Apply the fundamental concepts of editing using correct symbols, consistency and applies content-area knowledge for all editorial tasks.
15. Problem-solve to give appropriate suggestions when applicable and/or make accurate corrections as needed.
16. Provide clear and concise feedback in spoken and written forms.
17. Work directly on projects as may be assigned by Editorial Director. When working with international contacts, working client hours and problem-solving meetings as required, within reason.
18. Ensure that client’s quality standards are met and there is continuous improvement in in the development cycle.
19. Maintain project goals, schedules, and communication with client.
20. Work with other QBS stakeholders including project management, digital production, art & design, photo research team, and account management/relationship manager.
What we’re looking for:
Five or more years’ experience and or training in any of the following focusing on K – 12 science: teaching science, science curriculum development, writing science assessment items, content development digital learning solutions, including videos and interactive instructional elements.
1. Bachelor’s degree and at least 5+ years of experience in teaching science. Preference will be given to candidates with experience teaching science at the secondary (6-12) level and/or with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or science education. Subject-matter speciality in Physics, Biology, Chemistry or Integrated Science is preferred.
2. 3+ years of experience writing and editing middle school/Higher school science materials
3. Excellent computer and internet skills including knowledge of Office programs (Outlook, Word, PPT, etc.); knowledge of online meeting programs (e.g. GoToMeeting/WebEx) a plus.
4. Experience developing digital products and/or intervention products is a plus
5. Proven organizational skills and high attention to detail.
6. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to work independently and as a team player.
8. Fluency in reading and writing Spanish is a plus.
9. A background in video editing and digital audio is helpful as well.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Writing and Editing (Middle/Higher School) Science Materials: 3 years (Required)
Teaching (Physics, Biology, Chemistry): 5 years (Required)
Curriculum Development (K-12): 5 years (Required)
Subject-matter specialty in Physics, Biology, Chemistry: 5 years (Required)
Education: Bachelors (Required). Apply Now