Home Mzansi Celebs Sbahle Mpisane opens up about reclaiming herself one year after car crash

Sbahle Mpisane opens up about reclaiming herself one year after car crash

Sbahle Mpisane

Friday marked one year since Sbahle Mpisane was involved in a car crash that nearly claimed her life and resulted in her spending months in hospital. Sbahle lost control of her car during the early hours of August 9, 2018 on Victoria Embankment in Durban. Paramedics had to use Jaws of Life to remove her from the wreckage.

And, even though its been a long and tough journey to recovery, Sbahle learnt to push herself to reclaim her life.

Sbahle Mpisane

Taking to Instagram, Sbahle shared how suffering from amnesia after the accident almost made her forget that she’s an intellectual woman and made her question if could rise above her injuries.

“My traumatic injuries on both my feet made me question if I could steer myself in any direction I choose. None the less, a few understood and pushed me to additionally reclaim myself and relook at my directions.

Sbahle Mpisane'

She added that not all pieces were together yet, however, in the end, they will be “cheek by jowl”. Giving others motivation Sbahle said, “Promise me you’ll always remember that you’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think! Sbahle also shared on Instagram Live that looking back on the day she graduated made her emotional.

Loading...

Sbahle Mpisane

She, however, added that things do turn out for the best for people who made the best out of the way things turned out. Just a few weeks ago, Sbahle celebrated taking her first few steps without crutches since the accident.

Sbahle Mpisane

Sbahle explained on Instagram that it took her an hour to take those first three steps and that it was extremely painful, but she had promised her mom that she would do it for her. She said it was a case of mind over matter.

Sbahle Mpisane

“Our body can withstand almost anything. It’s your mind that needs the convincing. For the past couple of months, without much success, I’ve been attempting to at least take one step. Yesterday my mum managed to make me take three steps, and it took a whole hour,” she added.

You might also like…Patricia de Lille prepares to turf out irregular Public Works appointees

Minister of Public Works Patricia de Lille is going to the high court to set aside several appointments in her department after some officials were irregularly chosen.
This came after the Public Service Commission’s investigation found that 688 officials were irregularly appointed between 2017 and last year. De Lille said she was going to the high court to ensure those who were flagged by the PSC were removed.

Patricia de Lille

De Lille’s spokesperson Zara Nicholson said the PSC reviewed the appointments of senior staff, middle managers and lower staff …Read more 

Source: Timeslive

Loading...