Students will have a period of two to three weeks to prepare for their return after the announcement of Level 3.
Higher education, science, and technology minister Blade Nzimande has said 33-percent of university students can return to campuses once Level 3 of the lockdown is announced.
“Under Level 3, a maximum of 33% of the student population will be allowed to return to campuses, delivery sites and residences on condition that they can be safely accommodated and supported in line with the health and safety protocols as directed by the department,” he said in a briefing.
Students who will be allowed to return will be:
- All groups that have already returned during lockdown Level 4.
- Students in the final year of their studies, who are on a path to graduating in 2020.
- Final year students who require access to laboratories, technical equipment, data, connectivity, and access to the residence and private accommodation.
- Students in all years of study who require clinical training in their studies.
- Postgraduate students who require laboratory equipment and other technical equipment to undertake their studies.
“It is critical that we adhere to these criteria to ensure that campuses are ready for students to safely return, and the effective health screening and cleaning protocols are in place to keep everyone safe,” Nzimande said.
All other students will be supported for now by online learning and assessment Nzimande said.
The minister also detailed how under Level 2, a maximum of 66-percent of the student population will be allowed to return, this will include all first-year students.
Under Level 1, all students will be allowed to return.
In other news – Serious trouble for Zodwa Wabantu after ignoring social distancing rules & meeting with her Friend – Picture
Zodwa Wabantu has been in the news all week. Earlier this week we reported that she had broken up with her boyfriend Vusi Buthelezi. She also chose this week to debut her new beauty products, Zodwa Wabantu lipstick, and petroleum jelly.
Another issue that grabbed her fans’ attention was a picture she recently posted. The picture is of her standing with musician Dladla Mshunqisi. The duo was not wearing masks or practicing social distancing. continue reading
Source: The Citizen