KwaZulu-Natal: At 03H00 Monday morning, Netcare 911 responded to a fire at a hotel residence in Umhlanga Durban.
Reports indicate that a fire had broken out on the top floor.
It is believed the fire started at the pool and Jacuzzi pump on the outside deck.
A security official in the building attempting to douse the fire was injured in the process, sustaining minor burns and smoke inhalation.
The Ethekwini Fire and Rescue Services managed to extinguish the fire, preventing it from reaching the main building.
The security official was treated on scene and once stabilized was transported to the hospital for further treatment.
The building was evacuated and no other injuries were reported.
In other news – Basetsana Kumalo’s husband Romeo allegedly in s.e.x scandal with top gay celebrity
It was like a TV drama series this week at the Randburg magistrate’s court in Joburg when self-proclaimed television mogul and former Miss South Africa Basetsana Kumalo and her husband Romeo appeared as complainants in their case against author Jackie Phamotse.
Phamotse faces two charges of crimen injuria over a tweet she posted on June 5, 2018 alleging that she overheard a TV mogul and former Miss South Africa pleading with one of her friends, Learn More