The police are appealing to members of the community to be very careful when crossing rivers and bridges and report any incident of drowning that they might see in the community.
Heavy rainfall in parts of the country may cause possible flash floods and police have urged everyone to take safety measures to keep themselves and their children safe.
The following precautions should be taken during such weather conditions:
– Avoid crossing rivers and swollen streams where water is above ankle height.
– If caught in a fast river current, float feet first in order to absorb any impact with the feet and legs, thus protecting the head and body from serious injury.
– In buildings, move valuables to a safe place above the expected flood level and switch off electricity at the supply point to the building.
– If evacuation is recommended, residents must heed the call.
– In rural areas, animals should be protected or relocated to a safe place on higher ground.
– Listen to the radio or TV for warnings and obey the instructions of emergency personnel and disaster management officers.
– Take special care of children; keep them away from flooded streams and rivers during stormy conditions.
– If it is raining and the roads are wet, slow down. Take your foot off the accelerator and let your speed drop gradually.
– Avoid driving on a road that is totally covered by water. If the vehicle stalls, leave it immediately and seek higher ground and be cautious especially at night when it is harder to recognise flood dangers.
– Be careful not to stand on an overhanging bank.
– Before entering the water, check for the presence and strength of a current.
You might also like – Social Media Detectives find the couple on the Sandton S.E.X video, One is Married Director Zahed Sibda
Social Media Detectives find the couple on the Sandton S.E.X video, One is Married Director Zahed Sibda… The 2 million dollar question has been answered thanks to Social Media Detectives… The biggest question in Mzansi right now has been… Who are the people who were filmed at 145 Katherine Street poking?
We finally have their faces and it seems like it’s an office relationship that just got viral on social media. The powerful man is definitely married is the Managing Director of Fieldstone Private Capital Group Southern Africa. read more
Source – Midrand Reporter