South Africa News

Case against men accused of murdering Kaizer Chiefs player Luke Fleurs postponed

The State has been granted more time to investigate the case against six men accused of the murder of Kaizer Chiefs defender Luke Fleurs.

The suspects appeared briefly in the Roodepoort Magistrates Court on Friday morning, where the matter was postponed to 19 April.

The six were arrested this week in Slovoville, Soweto, in connection with the soccer star’s murder.

Fleurs was gunned down at a petrol station in Florida last week during a hijacking incident.

During proceedings on Friday, the accused indicated that they intend to apply for bail, which the State said it would oppose.

-EWN

In other news – Actress Brenda Ngxoli dumps her spiritual calling as a sangoma

Popular South African actress Brenda Ngxoli has revealed that she has dumped her ancestral calling and is, therefore, no longer practicing as a sangoma.

Brenda Ngxoli

The former The River actress announced in an X post on Thursday, 11 April, that she has dumped her ancestral calling for the Christian faith. The actress said that the birth of her two-year-old daughter, Sky Ngxoli, helped her understand that she was on the wrong path. Read More