The KFC couple says the upcoming wedding will be their second. The couple, Hector Mkansi and Nonhlanhla Soldaat officially got married in 2012.
But the groom explained the timeline of events to the Sowetan:
* They met and fell in love in 2010
* In 2011, the lobola negotiations began
* In 2012 they got married in a ceremony
* Lived together till last year 2018 then took out remainder of lobola money.
* Pressure from the church led to them having a formal wedding but not quite what they had envisioned.
* Groom bought her rings but wasn’t quite satisfied with them
* “I don’t work so I didn’t have enough cash to give wife Nonhlanhla a befitting wedding/jewelry but wanted to do something small”
* Skip to this week, “I decided to come to KFC to give her a small surprise with a meal”
* “Didn’t tell family anything; wanted it to be a complete surprise with everyone”
* “Team members at KFC helped to bring food with a ring. Then I went on my knees with everyone surrounding us”
* “Nonhlanhla (bride): I was totally surprised by the paper-wrapped ring/s
In a statement released to SowetanLIVE, the love birds who got engaged on Wednesday say they are overwhelmed by the support and would like privacy while they process the day’s events., the couple said:
“Thank you, South Africa. Your kindness has truly warmed us. We would have never imagined that our love story would have touched so many of you. While we appreciate the support, we ask that you please give us a moment to take it all in. We will definitely let you know about our plans around the wedding,” they said.
Brands such as Coca Cola, Kulula, Sun City Resort, Siwela Wines, Castle Lite, Audi, Tsogo Sun, Puma, and Huawei have pledged gifts to make their wedding day special.
Meanwhile, celebrities and personalities such as DJ Fresh, Ami Faku, Precious the Planner, Zakes Bantwini and Donald have offered their talents to make their wedding day sweeter.
UPDATE: @JoeHuman and I went to go see our couple today and they are besides themselves. 🥰😍
This is a lot to process so they’ve asked for time to figure out their next moves. We’ll try to keep everyone posted with any developments #KFCProposal
— I AM YOUR MC! (@alphi_s) November 8, 2019
In other news – SA hip hop star CrazyLu has died #RIPCrazyLu
In as much as the nation is in a celebratory mood, due to the inspiring rugby world cup win by the Springboks, heartbreaking news still dominated the news somehow.
Veteran journalists, Xolani Gwala and actor, Andile Gumbi are other well-known celebrities that will be laid to rest this weekend after the news of their respective deaths rocked the entertainment industry this week. continue reading