Senior Infrastructure Engineer needed urgently: Salary R55 000 to R60 000 per month
Cape Town, Western Cape
R55 000 – R60 000 a month
Dynamic company based in the Southern Suburbs is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their team. The salary offering for this position is R 55 000 to R 60 000 CTC per month and is based on past experience. Should you meet all of the requirements below, please submit your CV via email.
THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS JOB IS:
Microsoft\VMware\ Linux \ Networking \ Infrastructure Engineer
A technical resource who is responsible for implementation, deployment and support of the current infrastructure. The individual will work in a highly secure environment where uptime is of the utmost importance.
Key Roles and Accountabilities:
· Systems and network implementation and deployment across multiple security levels.
· Serve as a trouble-shooter on complex IT problems and acts as a second-level escalation point.
· Perform complex implementation and maintenance tasks.
· Capture technical and business requirements; logical and physical design of the solution to ensure appropriate technology is acquired and implemented.
· Investigate and implement automatization where possible to alleviate day to day workloads.
· Remain informed of new technical developments and cyber trends in the industry.
· Work with team members, on-site consultants, partners, companies, third parties and clients to define and deploy technology solutions.
· Standby and after-hours work required.
· Assist with the creation of documentation such as system design documentation, topology diagrams, and interface specifications.
· Work in a highly secure environment, where uptime is of the utmost importance.
· Day to day activities of monitoring applications, system and network logs, vulnerabilities and general server maintenance.
· Self-driven and motived in day to day work requirements
Core Competencies :
· Microsoft And Office 365
· Virtualization Technology / VMware.
· Strong Familiarity with Linux – CentOS / RHEL.
· Strong Familiarity with Networking Infrastructure – Switches and Firewalls.
· Azure and Aws Advantageous.
· Knowledge of SNMP, SMTP, DNS, AD, LAN and WAN Technologies.
· Ability to Serve as A Member of A Small But Robust Technical Team.
· Capable of Working with And Supporting End Users with Varying Levels of Technical Competence.
· Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills.
· Strong Detail-Oriented Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills.
· Willingness to Thrive in A Dynamic Environment While Working with Many Different Technology Areas.
· Solving of Complex Problems Under Pressure
· Highly Motivated, Ambitious and Disciplined Individual Who Can Strive in A Highly Critical Environment.
· Security Skills and Understanding I.E PCI
Qualification and Experience:
· 5 + years of working experience as a systems, networking or infrastructure engineer in relevant fields
· 5 + years of experience with Windows Server
· 5 + years of experience with Linux
· 5 + years of experience with Networking
· Linux, VMware, ISC2, Microsoft and other relevant certifications strongly desired
Must possess at least one Engineer level certification in systems, security, or software development (CISSP, AWS, Microsoft, Red Hat, CompTIA, other).
If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: R55,000.00 to R60,000.00 /month
Server: 5 years (Preferred)
Linux: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Remotely: Temporarily due to COVID-19. Apply Now