Heineken South Africa will let go 70 of its 1,000 employees as lockdown restrictions and alcohol bans bite. Last year Heineken cancelled a R6-billion investment to build a new brewery in South Africa.
The brewer says given continued market pressure in South Africa, it’s become necessary to restructure its operations and reverse some of the effects of COVID-19 and the alcohol sales ban.
Heineken says it will provide the necessary support to all affected employees such as prioritising them for any available internal vacancies.
According to the Beer Association of South Africa, the previous two alcohol bans saw over 7,000 jobs being lost.
Over R14-billion was lost in sales revenue and 30 percent of breweries were forced to shut their doors.
In other news – 80-year-old man dies from his 33-year-old girlfriend’s sweetness during s.e.x
A night of pleasure had a tragic end last Saturday at a Dar es Salaam hotel for a local pensioner, David Mluli (80), who died in the arms of his 33-year-old girlfriend Neema Kibaya. Learn more