Electrician Wanted – Apply Now.
Trade Tested Electrician
Well-known brand within the FMCG industry is seeking to appoint a quailed Electrician to be based at their plant based in the Epping Industria region.
• Grade 12 / Matric.
• Trade Tested Electrician.
• Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
• Proven ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
• Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
• Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts / overtime.
• Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters and test lamps.
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
• Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
• Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
• Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
• Construct and fabricate parts using hand tools and specifications.
• Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
• Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
• Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
Salary: Please indicate what salary bracket you are seeking when applying for this position.
086 776 4865
NB: If you have not been contacted with regards to your application for this position within 48 working hours, your application has been unsuc
Job Reference #: SC – ELE
Consultant Name: Samantha Cremore