South Africa News

Delvina Europa’s murder trial delayed due to lockdown

The case against an Elim man accused of the rape and murder of a six-year-old girl has been postponed to August, adding to the number of serious court matters that have had to be postponed during the COVID-19 lockdown.

Delvina Europa’s murder rocked the Overberg town in March last year.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said Reagan Zietsman was expected to appear in the Western Cape High Court on 11 August for a possible plea and sentencing agreement.

The accused earlier on Monday appeared in absentia, in line with government regulations to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

Zietsman, who was known to the deceased and her family, was taken in for questioning hours after Europa’s body was found among bushes behind a school in the community.

The six-year-old girl’s death came just months after the sudden death of her mother after which she was placed in the care of an aunt.

The last time the girl’s aunt saw her alive, she was meant to stay over at a neighbour’s house to catch a lift with them to visit her father in Cape Town.

Europa never left the Overberg town.

She was the fifth child murdered in the Overberg region since 2013.

In other news – Lasizwe opens up about his personal life struggles

If you know that celebrities are also human beings who have feelings and emotions, you will never get to judge them. They go through a lot in their personal life and at times it is not all of them who are able to constantly come out airing their problems to the public.

Lasizwe

Reality TV star Lasizwe is known for his crazy YouTube skits, but he told TshisaLIVE he often struggles with being a public figure and having to put on a brave face amid depressing moments. continue reading

Source: EWN

Back to top button