Home South Africa News WC safety dept hopes May trial will bring Tazne van Wyk’s family...

WC safety dept hopes May trial will bring Tazne van Wyk’s family closer to peace

Tazne Van Wyk

The Western Cape Community Safety department said it hopes justice will prevail in the matter against a man accused of killing 8-year-old Tazne van Wyk.

On Friday, the High Court in the Western Cape set 31 May 2021 as the trial date.

The murder accused was arrested in Cradock in the Eastern Cape after he allegedly fled last year.

The child’s body was found in a stormwater pipe outside Worcester along the N1.

Department spokesperson Cayla Murray said: “It is welcome news that Tazne van Wyk’s alleged murderer will now go to trial. I hope that this brings some peace of mind to the Van Wyk family, who have suffered immeasurable loss.”

-EWN

In other news – #BussItChallenge: Who did it better, Nadia Nakai VS Bontle Modiselle – Video

The Buss It Challenge has for the past few weeks dominated the social media streets. There is not a social media platform that you can go on that does not have the challenge as a trending topic. The challenge might have started oversees.

Nadia Nakai VS Bontle Modiselle

But how can a challenge that celebrates the fullness of a woman’s body not be owned by Africans- specifically South Africans that gave what was essentially a dying challenge new life. Learn More