The cake seller was arrested and a number of high school pupils had to stay in hospital overnight.
The Gauteng department of education’s apparently horrific start to the year continued on Friday with news that “about 100 learners” from Braamfischerville in Soweto were poisoned after eating cakes.
The Ikusasalethu High School pupils had to be rushed to various hospitals, with most of them discharged within hours.
However, a handful remained in critical condition at the Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto into Saturday.
The cake seller, education MEC Panyaza Lesufi said, had been arrested by police.
This happened yesterday. They bought cakes from somebody in the community. Learners were rushed to various hospitals. Majority were discharged yesterday and today. Few are still critical at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital. The seller of the cakes was arrested by the police
— Panyaza Lesufi (@Lesufi) February 14, 2020
In other news – I hate them so much – DJ Zinhle breathes fire after her Luggage was broken into at British Airways
A black cloud seems to have hanged around one of our favourite local celebrities, and what has happened to her is not good at all. DJ Zinhle‘s mood was on negative zero, after an unfortunate experience in British Airways.
Source: The Citizen