South Africa News

Ramaphosa says July 2021 unrest remains a concern for authorities

Almost three years since the 2021 July unrest, President Cyril Ramaphosa said authorities are still looking for the perpetrators behind it.

The civil unrest in Gauteng and KwaZulu-Natal, led to deaths of over 400 people and billions of rand in infrastructure damage.

The unrest took place shortly after former president Jacob Zuma’s incarceration, however, the SA Human Rights Commission found that there was no link between the two events.

Speaking at the ANC manifesto preview in Durban on Friday night, Ramaphosa says the real instigators are still out there.

“Whom we are still going to find and to prosecute because we cannot let them get away with the murder of the people. They thought they were instigating an insurrection, and they thought many people in our country would join in and as soon as many people in our country realised what was underway, they said no, not in our name,” said Ramaphosa.

-EWN

In other news – PIC: Actress Katlego Danke finally shows off her newborn baby

Popular Mzansi actress Katlego Danke finally shared a picture with her newborn baby while breastfeeding on 23 February. Katlego Danke remains one of the most talented actresses in the country and has been in top drama series like Generations and Gomora.

Katlego Danke

Over the years, she made headlines when she had her firstborn daughter, where some fans connected her to Patrice Motsepe. Indeed, the Patrice Motsepe and Danke saga had been a mystery for years and refused to go away. Read More