Getting lost in love: Risks likely to be faced by online dating. Shopping for love is the current trend. Online dating has increasingly become a popular way of finding love.
The internet has become part of our existence as a simplified version of accessing material goods and necessities. Fact is, many people use online dating apps or social networks to find love relationships and some even marriage.
However, it’s important that we’re aware of the risks that are involved in online dating. Below are a few realities to keep in mind:
- 50-80% of people are dishonest on their profile
- Some lie about their age
- People lie about their careers and marital status
- 51% are already in a relationship
- Higher risk of contracting STIs and HIV
- Avoid letting strangers into your home
- Video chats are important before the first meeting
- Avoid giving away too much personal information
- Do not rush to meet strangers
- Trust your instincts
- Meet in public places and tell people where you’re going and who you’re meeting
Online dating can be a beautiful experience when you’re careful.
Source: Daily Sun