Home South Africa News 8-year-old boy dies after being electrocuted by open wires in Eastern Cape...

8-year-old boy dies after being electrocuted by open wires in Eastern Cape veld

23
electrocution

An eight-year-old boy died after he was electrocuted by open electrical wires in a veld in Despatch, outside Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape, on Saturday, police said.

Police spokesperson Gerda Swart said two children were playing in the bushes in Kingston when community members were alerted by frantic screams.

Swart said one child was seen running out of the bushes.

“The child then informed the community members that the boy was shocked by an open wire that was lying on the ground.”

The boy was rushed to the hospital but was declared dead.

An inquest docket was opened.

-Sowetan

In other news – Ayanda Thabethe’s spicy photo sets social media alight

Presenter Ayanda Thabethe has left the city of gold and dashed to Cape Town and she has got that holiday glow. Spring has sprung and travelling around Mzansi is finally allowed and many celebrities are taking the opportunity to explore the country and slay at the same time.

Ayanda Thabethe

Ayanda took to Instagram to post a snap of herself that showed her toned body that is clearly ready for summer. Learn More