Depot Manager urgently required: APPLY HERE
Employer: Drake International
Our client is a leading car hire and rental company worldwide.
* Matric or NQF 5 – Fleet/Logistics Management or similar qualification
* 3-5 years relevant experience, of which at least 1-3 years team lead experience
* Depot management experience
* Computer Literacy (intermediate level)
Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage all technical aspects of the depot.
* Manage all equipment in the depot with regards to:
* High pressure washing and cleaning equipment
* Fuel and diesel tanks and pumps
* Security fencing
* Radio communication
* Fire extinguishers
* Access control
* Manage outsource labour costs within predefined parameters and guidelines, and in relation to rental activity, with activities including:
* Forecasting and ordering
* Cost management and analysis
* Manage the quality control process in the depot in accordance with SAVRALA standards.
* Cultivate and maintain a culture of zero tolerance towards substandard quality.
* Implement, manage and streamline processes without compromising on quality.
* Manage and monitor fuel management system, fuel reconciliation and fuel ordering.
* Management of depot risk and all aspects of operational Health and Safety.
* Ensure effective management of the claims process in area of accountability.
* Enforce strict process flow in terms of fleet movement and parking within the depot.
* Demonstrate a thorough understanding of fleet planning, business peaks and lows as well as fleet usage patterns.
* Achieve relevant depot goals related to fleet utilization, quality, turnaround times etc.
* Assist in short term fleet planning.
* Develop, motivate and manage the team.
* Fulfill HR function of depot staff, duty rosters and overtime management.
* Depot Operations
* Supervision of Employees
* Strong communication (both written and verbal) skills
* Interpersonal Effectiveness: ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
* Negotiation skills
* Conflict Management skills
* Business Acumen: ability to demonstrate an understanding of how business works.
* Operational planning, organising and implementation.
* Customer Orientated: a customer orientated approach to tasks/responsibilities of the role.
* Diversity: effectively able to work with people with different cultures and values.
* Stress and Time Management: work under pressure and within constant tight timelines.
* Vehicle knowledge: knowledge of vehicle features and new products.
* Quality Control
* Results oriented
* Outgoing personality with a passion for service excellence.
* Trustworthy and ethical
* Flexible: ability to adapt to changing conditions/requirements at short notice.
* Decisive and Responsible: ability to make decisions and take responsibility for implementing and managing the decisions implemented.
Candidate must be able to work under normal and seasonal pressure, the role demands long hours, overtime and weekends in response to operational requirements. They need to be able to manage, monitor and plan all depot related activities to achieve the companies goals and targets, they need to be able to deliver operational excellence and customer service, they also need a high energy level.
Apply before Tuesday, September 17, 2019 – 28 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful. Apply Now