The name might sound strange, but those who have tried it know that this is one of the most insanely moist cakes you will ever have.
Mayo Chocolate Cake Recipe
Prep time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Servings : 8 – 10
Total time : 50minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup B-well Thick & Creamy Mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- B-well Canola Baking Spray
INGREDIENTS – CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 250 grams dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, mayonnaise, water and vanilla until it is creamy and fluffy.
- Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the bowl with the ingredients you just whisked and stir everything together.
- Spray some B-well Canola Baking Spray in your cake pan, we used a 23cm x 6cm pan. Pour ingredients over into your cake pan.
- Bake at 180°C for about 25 minutes, after 25 minutes test with a knife to ensure the cake is not raw and remove from the oven.
- Once the cake has cooled down, you may start putting your chocolate icing on. The icing we used for this cake was a dark chocolate ganache icing.
METHOD – CHOCOLATE GANACHE ICING
- Heat up the cream in a sauce pan, once it starts boiling remove from heat immediately and add the dark chocolate, whisk together until the chocolate has melted completely.
Recipe by B-Well Love. Food. Life