Cook wanted immediately: APPLY NOW
We are currently looking for a Cook in the Pretoria area. As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business.
Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management, and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity. Fedics has 47 years of experience of catering to all segments across society. The successful incumbent should have extensive client interaction as well as operational experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepares and cooks meats, fish, vegetables, gravies, cereals, soups, fruits, bakery products and other forms of food. • Prepares and cooks food for special diets from recipes formulated by qualified personnel. • Assists in on-the-job training and assist in directing the work of food service workers, students and other employees within area of assignment. • Assists in the preparation of salads and desserts. • Notifies supervisor of food and supplies needed. Checks in food and supplies as necessary. Maintains food production records. • Cleans kitchen, kitchen utensils and equipment; secures refrigerator and freezer. • Serves food as required.
• Maintains maximum standards of sanitation and safety. • Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned. • Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement. • Promptly reports equipment and food quality to kitchen Manager. • Uses our Standardized Recipe Card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees. • Operate as part of a team with good interpersonal skills • Maintaining high quality and hygiene standards as per Companies standards • Preparation and presentation of food
• Ensuring correct portion control are adhered to • Ensuring the food is delivered timeously • Assist with the planning of menus and stock control • Flexible to work overtime when required • Stay abreast with food trends as well as best practices. • May be required to assist with any other duties that may be outside scope of responsibility
Skills and Competencies:
• Communication skills (verbal and written) • Computer literate • Organizing and planning skills • Interpersonal skills • Team Player • Excellent food skills • Strong client and customer service skills • Good organizational skills
• Minimum requirement Matric • Proven cooking experience • 2 year experience in a similar role • Culinary qualification would be advantageous. Apply Now