It’s easy to be sunny in the mornings when you’ve got breakfast like this to look forward to! But don’t limit yourself to just enjoying this in the morning—it makes a wonderful easy dinner, too. If you make our baked eggs, let us know how you like it!
4 Thick bacon slices, cut into small 1-inch pieces (optional)
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 Small yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
2 Garlic cloves, minced
4 cups Swiss chard, stems removed and roughly chopped (about 1 bunch)
1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted, sliced (plus more for garnish)
2/3 cup Heavy cream
1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
1/4 cup Panko
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/2 tsp Flaky salt for finishing
2 Tbsp Chives for garnishing
1 Loaf of crusty bread, for serving
– Heat oven to 425°F.
– In a medium-sized ovenproof skillet sauté the bacon over medium heat until just cooked. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but 1/2 tablespoon of the bacon grease.
– Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Add the onions, cooking until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and swiss chard and continue cooking until the chard begins to wilt. Return the cooked bacon to the pan and add the castelvetrano olives. Remove from heat.
– Create small wells into the chard mixture where you want to place the eggs. Add each egg to pan the one at a time. As evenly as possibly pour the cream over the entire dish and place in preheated oven. Allow cooking for 8-10 minutes. Just until the white parts of the eggs are no longer transparent.
– In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the panko and toss with butter, continue cooking over medium heat until the panko is toasted.
– Sprinkle the panko over the entire dish along with the feta, extra olives, flaky salt and fresh chives.
– Serve alongside some good bread.
source – cooking365coza