Not only doesn’t it cause hairy palms or blindness, but m@sturbation is actually healthy. Ask your doctor!
For millennia, high-horse moralists have been dispensing fear and loathing among generations of impressionable young boys by peddling preposterous myths and outright lies about m@sturbation.
You’ve heard them all before: m@sturbation leads to blindness, hairy palms, insanity and just generally being a bad person.
What’s perhaps most perplexing is that these fairy tales have persisted for such a long time. After all, the majority of boys discover that they are entirely devoid of truth by the time they’re 14.
According to a local publication’s Great South African S.e.x Surveys for 2008 and 2009, between 71 and 82 percent of South African men confirmed that they m@sturbate (the figures for women are between 67 and 75 percent) and more than 85 percent say they first started to m@sturbate before the age of 18. In other words: “everybody” does it!
For children, it’s a normal and natural part of growing up and discovering their bodies, s.e.xuality and the joys of having opposable thumbs. For adults, it’s a pleasant, safe, and healthy s.e.xual activity that, rather than being vilified, should be universally encouraged. Woody Allen’s oft-quoted quip bears repeating: “Don’t knock m@sturbation – it’s s.e.x with someone I love.”
It may seem superfluous to belabour the fact that it’s good for you – it feels really, really nice, right? – but there are some benefits to m@sturbation you may not have thought of before:
- Unlike s.e.x with a partner, you can’t contract a s.e.xually transmitted disease and nobody falls pregnant.
- It’s a great reliever of stress and s.e.xual tension and for many a pleasurable cure for insomnia.
- It increases the flow of testosterone through the body which can help to strengthen muscles and bones. Testosterone also helps to transport a hormone called DHEA which is important in the functioning of the immune system.
- It helps you to learn how your body and pen!s respond to various stimuli – what feels good and what doesn’t – a basic requirement for fulfilling s.e.x life. It also teaches you to recognize that point of-no-return moment just before 0rgasm and can teach you to avoid premature ejaculation.
- Since the body releases endorphins – natural feel-good chemicals – during m@sturbation, it can improve your mood and may help to fight depression.
- It can help you build stronger pelvic floor muscles which lead to better s.e.x – women have long know about this, of course.
- According to a pamphlet aimed at teenagers and distributed by the UK’s National Health Service in 2009: “Health promotion experts advocate five portions of fruit and veg a day and 30 minutes physical activity three times a week. What about s.e.x or m@sturbation twice a week?” The pamphlet’s punch line says it all: “An 0rgasm a day keeps the doctor away.”
…and the downs
Of course m@sturbation can be dangerous, but so can using a toaster:
- Overly energetic and frequent masturbation can lead to an
irritation of the skin of the pen!s. Surprise, surprise!
- Very, very rarely – when the erect pen!s is forced downward too far or hit against a hard object – m@sturbation can result in a penile fracture. This involves a painful tear in the tunica albuginae, the tissue around the pen!s’ spongy layers, and is a medical emergency that requires surgery.
- Frequent m@sturbation while lying face down can lead to “urethral trauma” or “traumatic masturbatory syndrome” in which the urethra is injured, resulting in urine exiting the pen!s in a haphazard shotgun spray rather than an easily-controlled narrow stream.
- Experts warn that men who frequently m@sturbate in a way that’s very different from s.e.x with a partner may find it difficult to climax during s.e.x with a partner – a type of s.e.xual dysfunction called retarded ejaculation.
M@sturbation and prostate health
In 2003, Australian researchers found that frequent ejaculation through s.e.x and m@sturbation may reduce a man’s risk of contracting prostate cancer, but a 2009 study suggested that the correlation between prostate cancer and ejaculation may, in fact, be age-dependent. Young men who m@sturbate frequently do so because of an enhanced s.e.x drive as a result of high levels of testosterone. Their high testosterone levels – not their m@sturbation habits – may actually raise their prostate cancer risk. Among older men, the same study found that frequent m@sturbators lowered their prostate cancer risk, probably because m@sturbation drains the prostate of fluids containing carcinogenic toxins.
In other news – S.e.x video goes viral – Actress Ntando Duma denies she is that lady in the clip
Following a viral s.e.x tape that many believe the lady in the video is actress and television personality Ntando Duma, the talented media personality has cleared the air.
She slammed claims that it was her. Taking to social media today (15 January), Ntando said she’d never do such a thing, but the resemblance shocked her. Learn More