Moist and flavorful, these healthy zucchini muffins are a delicious breakfast or snack! Make them when you have lots of garden zucchini on hand, or whenever you’re craving a tasty, yet wholesome, treat.
– ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, spooned and levelled
– ¾ cup whole wheat flour, spooned and levelled
– ½ cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour, spooned and levelled
– 1 tablespoon aluminium-free baking powder
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon nutmeg
– ½ teaspoon sea salt
– 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
– ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil or neutral oil
– 2 large eggs
– ½ cup cane sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups shredded zucchini, no need to squeeze out excess water
– ½ cup chopped walnuts
* Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
* In a medium bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
* In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the almond milk, olive oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini.
* Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts. Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until the muffin tops spring back to the touch. Let cool for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
source – cooking365coza