Home Covid-19 Updates COVID-19: Western Cape prepares for the worst dealing with the coronavirus

COVID-19: Western Cape prepares for the worst dealing with the coronavirus

22
COVID-19

The Western Cape government is taking a ‘prepare for the worst’ stance in dealing with the coronavirus. The province has recorded over 900 infections with 17 deaths. Premier Alan Winde says his office is doing all it can to put preventative measures in place during a time when the healthcare sector is under huge strain.

At the peak of COVID-19, the Western Cape anticipates there will be around 80,000 infections in the province. 90 percent of those carrying the virus will be expected to recover at home.

“We are now moving into the realm where people are starting to be infected that does not have that luxury of being able to isolate and quarantine at home,” said Western Cape Health Department head Dr Keith Cloete. The province currently has 14,000 healthcare workers with 47 of them already showing symptoms of the virus.

Covid-19

Winde has called for society to show more support to those infected. We need to show kindness and compassion when anybody contracts Coronavirus. We need to make sure we give them that compassion as they go through this process. About 3,000 COVID-19 tests are conducted daily in the Western Cape with that number expected to increase by at least a thousand by the end of the month.

In total, 222 people in the province have recovered from the virus, giving some hope that this is an enemy that can be beaten. Coronavirus Hotline Number: 0800 029 999 from 8 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday Help protect your loved ones by sharing this official South African government COVID-19 service with your family, friends and community.

Send HI to 0600 123 456 on WhatsApp. The NICD has another Clinician Hotline to improve #COVID19 communication and support for healthcare providers. The Clinician Hotline is 0800 11 1131, operating 24 hrs. The Public Hotline is 0800 029 999 also operating 24hrs.

In other news – Rachel and Siya Kolisi help those most affected by Covid-19

Rachel Kolisi and her hubby Siya recently launched their “One By One” campaign to help feed who are seriously affected by Covid-19, starting their charity initiative in Siya’s hometown. Siya is captain of the Springbok team that took home the World Cup last year. Read more

Source: eNCA