Home Sports Premier Soccer League Why Leonardo Castro Turned Down Latest Chiefs Offer

Why Leonardo Castro Turned Down Latest Chiefs Offer

Leonardo Castro

The Siya crew reported last month that Leonardo Castro is believed to have rejected Kaizer Chiefs’ latest offer to keep him at Naturena.

And when asked recently about whether he would commit to the club, the player directed all questions to coach Ernst Middendorp and Amakhosi management.

Now, more information regarding the reasons why the Colombian has not put pen to paper on a new contract has emerged, suggesting this could be a drawn-out discussion for the club to retain the forward’s services.

Castro could possibly leave Chiefs a free agent on June 30 when his current deal expires, and this means the player has been in a position to sign a pre-contract elsewhere from the day he entered the last six months of his contract in January.

Siya sources have indicated that he is not quite over the fact that he was considered surplus to requirements at Chiefs at the end of the previous season by coach Middendorp and had been placed on the transfer list.

The Siya crew also reported in July last year of interest in Castro from Wydad Casablanca, but Chiefs’ R4-million valuation of the player was understood to have been the stumbling block in any potential move to Morocco at the time.

It’s another factor to Castro, who somehow fought his way back into Middendorp’s good books, not yet agreeing on new terms with Chiefs, according to insiders, who added that the club could be forced to do even more bargaining in their attempts to keep the player because of the Fifa ban.

The restrictions imposed by the world governing football body on Chiefs not to sign players over the next two transfer windows means Amakhosi would not be able to bring in an ideal replacement for Castro next season.

You might also like – Thando Thabethe has Resigned from 5FM

Actress and media personality Thando Thabethe has revealed that she has officially put in her effective resignation with 5FM after being with the station for five years. According to Channel24, Thando Thabethe gave them the exclusive on her decision to leave the station.

Thando Thabethe

We had to make a very difficult decision, something we’ve had to ponder over for many, many months. Basically, I’ve tendered my resignation at 5FM. And the idea is to focus on the things that I want to do,” she said told the publication. read more

Source – SoccerLaduma