The South African Weather Service is warning South Africans to stay at home for the next two days.
The Weather Service is forecasting a heatwave in some parts of the country. People are urged to stay hydrated and avoid outdoor activities.
Here are some tips on how to survive the heat.
• Stay well hydrated by drinking a lot of water.
• Keep a close eye on babies, the elderly and children. Ensure they stay well hydrated as well.
• Remember to ensure pets have a cool place to relax and cool clean water to drink as well.
• Try to stay out of direct sunlight.
• Wear the appropriate clothing and ensure you use sunscreen.
• Limit participation in outdoor activities. If you plan on participating in outdoor activities, ensure you rest and keep hydrated.
• If you are going to spend time in a pool, ensure your safety and that of children around you. Ensure that they are supervised while around and in the pool.
• Do not leave children and pets in a vehicle even with a window open.
In other news – Khanyi Mbau on downgrading her home because of Covid-19
Khanyi Mbau, in letting have fans access into her life through her popular BET reality show, “Mbau Reloaded: Always Rise,” has cemented that she is our favorite ghetto snob with bags on bags. Learn more