The Best Basic 30-Minute Beef Stroganoff
– 1 tbsp. canola oil
– 1 lb. flank, sirloin, or skirt steak, thinly sliced
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
– 1 white onion, chopped
– 1 lb. sliced mushrooms
– 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
– 1 3/4 c. chicken stock
– 1/4 c. white vermouth
– ½ c. sour cream
– 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
– 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
– 12 oz. egg noodles, cooked
– Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
* Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. Cook, in 2 batches, without turning, until golden brown on one side and mostly cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
* Add butter and onion to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion begins to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. * Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in stock and vermouth. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 6 to 8 minutes.
* Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, mustard, Worcestershire, and beef. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over noodles sprinkled with parsley.
source – cooking365coza