Port Worker wanted immediately: APPLY HERE
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
The closing date is on 04.02.2022. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet.
Operating Division: TPT East London MPT
Position Title: Port Worker
Employee Group: Non-Permanent
Location: East London
Reporting To: Operations Supervisor
Grade Level: HRLYL1
Reference Number: 2021231
The provision of labor as directed by supervisor in order to ensure a safe and clean working environment or optimized cargo operation.
1. Cleaning of operational equipment (such as ship to shore cranes, windows, cranes Cabins etc.)
2. Inspection of container condition
3. Reefer monitoring operations
4. Opening and closing of rail wagons twist locks.
5. Loading, offloading, and stacking of cargo in compliance of the standard operating procedures
7. Tarping/untarping where applicable.
8. Place/removed damage
9. Cleaning of operational environment, rail, truck, workshop, offices, Shed sand ablution facilities as instructed.
10. Complete applicable i.e. accident report
11. Identification of correct cargo handling equipment/ tools.
Qualifications & Experience:
Matric with a minimum of 2 years experience as port worker/ general worker
Attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time. Apply Now