Add a tropical twist to your next cocktail party with these vibrant pineapple and mint mojitos. Fresh, fruity and boozy – what more could you want?!
– 500g tinned pineapple chunks
– 2 tbs coconut sugar
– 10 mint leaves
– 1/2 lime cut into 3 wedges
– 1/4 cup pineapple chunks fresh
– 1-2 tbs pineapple nectar
– 2 tbs white rum
– 1/2 cup ice crushed
– 1/2 cup sparkling mineral water
– mint leaves *extra to decorate
1. To make the pineapple nectar: place pineapple chunks and sugar into a food processor and process until liquefied. Pour the liquid into a jar and seal. You can store the leftover liquid in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze it in ice cube trays.
2. To make the mojitos: place the mint, lime and pineapple into a glass and muddle using the end of a wooden spoon. Macerate the ingredients together until well combined.
3. Add the pineapple nectar and rum and top with sparkling water.
You may use brown sugar or honey in place of coconut sugar when making the pineapple nectar.
When making the nectar, you can also use the pulp. Otherwise, use the pulp to add flavour to smoothies or serve over yoghurt or ice cream as a delicious and natural flavouring.
source – cooking365coza