South Africa News

SAD: 29-year-old Ntsoaki Mkhumbuzi loses her baby girl while waiting to be operated

Her prayers were answered when she found out she was expecting a baby girl. And she looked forward to holding her daughter, whom she was going to name Ntombikaise.

But Ntsoaki Mkhumbuzi never got to hold her baby as she allegedly died while the mum was waiting to be operated on.

The 29-year-old from Braamfischer phase 4 in Soweto said she was scheduled for a C-section at Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital in Joburg on 12 April.

“I have been going for check-ups every week, and was scheduled for an operation at 7am on that day.

“But when I arrived, I was told the operation would not be performed as the hospital was full,” she said.

Ntsoaki said she told nurses she was in excruciating pain, but they allegedly kept her waiting at reception.

“A bed was later booked for me, but there was still no operation,” said Ntsoaki.

The following day, Ntsoaki noticed blood clots when she went to the toilet.

She informed one of the nurses and was told her baby was still far.

“I asked two doctors if it was possible for me to rather give birth naturally as I was in labour. They told me they could not risk it because the baby was big, and that I was operated on when I had my first child,” she said.

Ntsoaki’s waters also broke, but she was allegedly again told the baby was far.

“I hardly slept that night as the pain intensified. I was ignored while shouting for help and I could feel my baby move.

“When the doctor came, I asked her to take me to theatre. But she told me she was going to collect a form as this was an emergency. She came back after 40 minutes.

“When the doctor came back, she never brought the form. Nurses told her they could not feel the baby’s pulse. That’s when I was told the baby didn’t make it.”

The distraught mother said she could see on the scan that the baby died with her mouth open.

“I was numb. I looked forward to being a mum again, but my dream was shattered,” she said.

Gauteng Health spokeswoman Kwara Kekana said the facility was not aware of any official complaints from Ntsoaki.

She suggested that the patient files an official complaint.

“An investigation will be conducted by the quality assurance unit, and the necessary corrective steps will be taken.

“If the patient wishes to pursue legal action against the department, that is her right,” she said.

-daily sun

In other news – Big blow as Ayanda Ncwane quits Real Housewives of Durban

Businesswoman and Real Housewives of Durban star Ayanda Ncwane has quit the show and will not be part of the much-anticipated second season.

Ayanda Ncwane

The publication has learnt that Ncwane, the widow of multi-award winning gospel sensation Sifiso Ncwane, has decided to walk away from the show because it was damaging her brand and her late hubby’s legacy. Learn More