President Cyril Ramaphosa said on Sunday night that SA would not go back to a hard lockdown.
Speaking during a national address, Ramaphosa said that going back to a level 4 or level 5 lockdown “would not necessarily achieve a significant reduction in the rate of transmission”.
Also, he said, this could “come at a great and extraordinary economic cost, putting more livelihoods at risk and potentially causing long-lasting social harm”.
“Cabinet has decided that the country will remain at alert level 3 at this stage, but that we should however strengthen the enforcement of existing regulations,” he said.
In other news – Video: Public marriage proposal goes wrong, Lady throws away ring
A video has surfaced on social media showing a grim moment of disappointment when a lady embarrassed a gentleman who proposed marriage to her in public.
The venue of the proposal appears to have been a park filled with people who were there for what seemed like an event, and this made the gentleman’s experience more saddening. continue reading
More news – Load shedding to continue on Monday from 9 am until 10 pm
Eskom has on Sunday announced that stage 2 load shedding will resume on Monday.
Stage 2 load shedding will end at 10 pm on Sunday and resume again on Monday from 9 am until 10 pm, the power utility said in a statement.
“Implementing load shedding tomorrow is necessary in order to replenish the emergency generation reserves to better prepare for the last week,” the statement read. read more…