Domestic Assistant/Cleaner (Part-Time) needed: Salary R4 000 per month
Post: Domestic Assistant
Hours: 8.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday
Responsible to: The Housekeeping Manager
Accountable to: The Manager or designated deputy
Basic Objectives of the Post
a. To ensure the clean and hygienic maintenance of the Home.
b. To keep a high standard of appearance to contribute to the quality of care and lifestyle afforded to each Resident. This is particularly applicable to each Resident’s privacy and dignity and in respect of each Resident’s personal possessions.
Please note that a check will be made with the Criminal Records Bureau which will include a check on the Protection of Vulnerable Adults list, to ascertain suitability for work in a care setting.
1. To clean all designated areas in the Home as set out in individual work schedules, including furniture, fittings, fabric, carpets and equipment.
2. To ensure that the bathrooms and toilets are kept in a clean state throughout the period of duty.
3. To operate cleaning and polishing machines, observing appropriate safety use, and avoiding hazards to users of the Home.
4. To report any damage or defects in the building or equipment in the appropriate book.
5. To maintain the area appointed for storage of equipment in a clean and tidy manner.
6. To deal with waste bags and their prescribed disposal.
7. To work as a member of the staff team and attend relevant training sessions and staff meetings as required.
8. To undertake additional cleaning tasks that may be required from time to time.
The above-mentioned duties give an indication of the work required but do not exclude other duties of a reasonable nature which may be requested by the Head of Hotel or other Officers in Charge at the time.
Health & Safety at Work
1. To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health & Safety at Work Act as applicable to you place of work.
2. To be aware of and comply with the Control of substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) requirements. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your place of work. You will also be required to comply with manufacturer’s instructions regarding the storage and use of their products.
3. The wearing of appropriate protective clothing as recommended by the Home.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: R4,000.00 /month
Work Remotely: No. Apply Now