Entertainment

Distruction Boyz makes a statement on DJ Tira’s r@pe accused dancer

A 31-year-old Afrotainment dancer is facing r@pe charges at the Durban Magistrate Court. The dancer, who cannot be named to protect the identity of the 13-year-old victim, was granted R5000 bail at the court on Friday.

Distruction Boyz member Goldmax has taken to Instagram to clarify that the gqom duo do not have dancers and are not associated with the dancer who faces r@pe charges in court.

Distruction Boyz

He allegedly r@ped the young girl on Sunday. Isolezwe reported this week that the child had been allegedly raped at her home by the dancer.

A news report which claimed the dancer was a Distruction Boyz dancer angered Zipho “Goldmax” Mthembu, one half of the gqom duo. He took to Instagram on Friday to clarify that they were DJs and had no dancers signed under them.

“It’s sad when our names are being used in things that are not related to us. We are DJs, we do not have dancers signed under us. Why is Distruction Boyz name being used as a heading? Does the person whom the article is about not have a name? Why is our name used then and not theirs?” he wrote.

Mthembu said they were “highly disappointed” by the ordeal, while TshisaLive amended the headline to “Afrotainment dancer”.

“Please think about how many people are being affected each time you write false news or try to use someone’s name to draw attention. We are highly disappointed by this,” said Mthembu.

Source: IOL

Aslo read:

Update: DJ Tira’s dancer Nhlanhla Chiliza granted R5,000 bail

More pictures of DJ Tira’s dancer Nhlanhla Chiliza

DJ Tira’s dancer Nhlanhla Chiliza denied bail