Enjoy this simple Diwali treat in less than 30 minutes.
– 5ml butter + more for greasing
– 12 raw almonds, chopped
– 250ml sweetened condensed milk
– 250ml desiccated coconut + more for rolling
* Heat the butter in a saucepan and toast the almonds until golden. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
* Add the condensed milk and desiccated coconut to the same pan.
* Mix well and cook over low heat for about 8 – 10 minutes until the mixture turns quite thick and starts to roll into a ball. The mixture will stick to your spatula and become difficult to stir.
* Remove from heat and add the roasted almonds, mix them in and let the mixture cool enough for you to handle it.
* Roll into balls. Grease your hands with a little butter to make it easier. To finish them off, roll the balls in extra coconut.
* Transfer to an airtight container and let them cool completely. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Hints & Tips
You can add chopped cranberries, raisins or pistachio nuts for variation.
source – cooking365coza