Stuffed Chicken Breasts!
125 ml SPAR milk
5 ml dried chilli flakes
5 SPAR Freshline rusks (any variant, except chocolate chip)
5 SPAR Tender & Tasty chicken breast fillets
salt and pepper to season
5 sun-dried tomato quarters, in olive oil vinaigrette, drained well
5 rashers SPAR streaky bacon
1. Combine the warm milk and chilli, and pour onto the rusks. Set aside for 10 minutes then mash well using a fork.
2. Preheat an oven to 190 º C.
3. Cut a horizontal pocket into the thickest part of each chicken breast. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. First, place a sundried tomato quarter into each pocket, and then fill generously with the chilli-rusk stuffing.
5. Wrap a bacon rasher round each breast, to semi-seal the pocket opening, and secure with a toothpick.
6. Place into a shallow oven dish and roast in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
Hints & Tips
Use this same rusk mixture as a delicious filling for canned peach cavities, and oven bake covered for 15 minutes, to serve as an accompaniment with pork or chicken.
Stretch the bacon rashers before using to wrap around the chicken, by lying them flat on a worktop and scraping a knife blade from one end to the other, to ”pull” it which extends its length considerably