This simple bean and pepper salad are made with just four ingredients; red peppers, yellow peppers, green beans, and salad leaves.
The homemade dressing of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and freshly grated ginger adds a real depth of flavour and tanginess to this salad. This fresh salad is perfect as a filling lunch or served in smaller portions as a side salad. This recipe serves six to eight people.
– 2 red peppers, halved and deseeded
– 2 yellow or orange peppers, halved and deseeded
– 350-500g green beans
– 140-200g bag salad leaves
For The Dressing:
– 6tbsp olive oil
– 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 1tsp caster sugar
– 1tbsp freshly grated ginger
* Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
* Place the peppers, cut-side down, on a baking tray and roast them for 20-30 mins or until the skins start to char. Remove the peppers from the oven and place them in a freezer bag. Leave them to cool. Peel away the skins and roughly chop.
* Cook the beans in boiling water for 4-5 mins, or until they’re just tender. Drain them and rinse under running cold water to cool them quickly, then drain them well.
* Place all of the vegetables into a large bowl.
* To make the dressing, mix together all the ingredients and pour over the vegetables. Stir to mix and coat in the dressing. This salad is best served at room temperature rather than chilled.
source – cooking365coza