Working as part of the housekeeping team to ensure that the Home is cleaned and maintained to a high standard in accordance to Homes guidelines and cleaning schedule, in addition to the individual needs and requirements of the residents.
1. To ensure that all areas of the Care Home are cleaned to a high standard in compliance with the specific cleaning guidelines and schedules and that they effectively meet the residents’ and homes needs.
2. To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, including their right to privacy, dignity and choice.
3. To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements that are relevant such as Health & Safety, COSHH, and all aspects of the Health & Social Care Act, to ensure a safe and efficient laundry service in the home. Understand and have an awareness of Infection Control.
4. To ensure all equipment used is in full, safe working order, promptly reporting any faults to both the Caretaker and the Home Manager.
5. To check all areas of the home are supplied with adequate housekeeping items and inform the manager of any shortages.
6. To always be alert and use your own initiative, spot clean any spillages as they occur.
7. To be an active and helpful member of the team, contribute to meeting, attend training sessions and ensure that The Care Home is a friendly and supportive working environment.
This is a team role, with responsibility for cleaning and maintaining the home to a high standard, therefore communication and team work are mutually important. Prioritising your workload, getting tasks done and pride in your work is essential.
Supervision meeting with Line Manager every 2 months
Basic numeric and literacy skills
Good communication skills
Friendly and helpful
Able to manage time and tasks effectively
Reliable and punctual
Previous work experience
Understanding of COSHH
Basic sewing skills
Able to use and maintain essential cleaning equipment.
Commitment to infection prevention and control