The young survivor in the Dros r@pe case will be testifying on Wednesday. The North Gauteng High Court has already heard from three witnesses, as well as the accused, Nicholas Ninow. Two women, employed at the restaurant, told their version of events from the day on Tuesday.
Minister of Sport and Recreation Tokozile Xasa attended the day in court and said, “our nation as a country, it really protects the r@pe victim.
“The victim who is the rapist who has pleaded guilty on raping the little girl is sitting there smiling to the parents, making all gestures so that the media can see, you know, that he’s looking good,” she said. The state will be presenting their two final witnesses, the eight-year-old survivor and her mother.
You might also like – Jacob Zuma hasn’t paid back the money and now VBS wants Nkandla homestead
In September 2016, former president Jacob Zuma signed a multimillion-rand loan agreement with VBS Mutual Bank to cover the court-enforced repayments for upgrades to his Nkandla homestead.
But less than two years later, Zuma had already defaulted – and three years later, almost to the day, the troubled bank’s liquidators filed court papers to get the former president to pay up on an outstanding R500,000 in arrears, according to court papers filed last week. Read more