School Administrative Manager wanted: APPLY HERE
The Wits School of Arts seeks to appoint an Administrative Manager to enable its dynamic and creative work across nine academic departments as well as the Wits Theatre(s).
The successful candidate will be responsible for efficient, and professional financial, human resource and academic support functions in the School; and will report directly to the Head of School.
Key job functions include but are not limited to:
• Financial management and administration
• Managing the academic administrative functions of the School •Personnel administration
•Managing and mentoring support and technical staff
•General administrative functions
•Any other duties as required by the Head of School
• Degree or National Diploma in administration or finance
• At least 3-4 years’ relevant and appropriate experience in a similar position
• Knowledge of financial procedures, e.g. budgeting, variance reporting, preparing and interpreting income and expenditure statements, etc.
•Mentoring and supervising administrative staff and writing job descriptions
• Sound organizational skills
•Above-average level of computer literacy required (MSOffice Suite, E-mail, Internet, Oracle, and BIS). Sound knowledge of SIMS and AMS will be advantageous
•Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), organizational and interpersonal skills for dealing with staff, students and the public
•Ability to work independently as well as lead and be part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of faculty, and university standing orders, rules and regulations will be an advantage
• Knowledge of the University environment and its various Schools/departments is desirable.
•Experience in procurement and management of sessional staff appointments would be an advantage
How To Apply
To apply, submit a letter of motivation – clearly indicating which position you are applying for, detailed CV, and the names and contact details of three referees (incl. e-mail addresses).
Internal employees are invited to apply directly on Oracle by following the path: iWits /Self Service application/”Apply for a job”
The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. Designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, as amended, means black people, women, and people with disabilities.
Closing Date: 15th May 2020
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
The University reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates and to verify credit standing. Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home. Apply Now