Home Travel and Tourism SA Express suspends operations from today

SA Express suspends operations from today

SA express

SA Express will suspend its operations from Wednesday, March 18, it revealed in a press statement. The airline stated: “In light of adverse recent developments including the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, SA Express announces that it will suspend operations from 18 March 2020 until further notice.

Customers who have booked with the airline need not worry as all customers will be accommodated on alternative flights. It also revealed that all non-critical SA Express staff will be placed on compulsory leave during this time.

“The airline will utilise this period to review its current network and streamline operations for improved efficiency. SA Express will provide communication on any additional developments in due course,” the press statement added.

SA Express

 

The announcement follows the airline’s announcement last month that it was on business rescue. The airline said at the time that the business rescue process was a well-coordinated with no disruptions to customers and employees.

SA Express said in a statement: “Despite a plethora of well-known historical challenges, SA Express states that its Board and Executive team have made positive progress to ensure the long term sustainability of the airline.

“While the manner in which the introduction of the Business Rescue process occurred is unfortunate, this now provides the environment to facilitate the conclusion of initiatives that had already been initiated by the Board and Executive team. In just under 24 months, SA Express’ Board of Directors and Executive team worked tirelessly to rebuild operations and reinstate governance structures while implementing the airline’s robust turnaround strategy.

SA Express said that it continues to affirm its critical importance to South Africa’s developmental objectives through its expansive aviation value chain which impacts multiple industries.

In other news – Faith Nketsi reveals shocking details

Reality star and rapper, Faith Nketsi, took to social media and admitted that she is often drawn to “bad boys,” while documenting her dinner date on her Instagram Stories. On Tuesday, 17 March 2020, Faith Nketsi took to Twitter and shared a post, rhetorically asking why she always chooses “bad boys.

Faith Nketsi

Her social media followers reacted to the post, but the one reply she shared suggested that the “bad boys” provide more excitement than “good guys.” The Have Faith reality star later took to her Instagram Stories to share that she was having dinner with her current partner. Read more

Source: IOL