“What I know is that my legal team is ready, and I’m happy with the work they’ve done,” Motsoeneng said on Tuesday.
“But I don’t want to predict what the commissioner will decide. I need to respect the CCMA processes.”
Former SABC COO Hlaudi Motsoeneng said he couldn’t predict what the CCMA would decide after his lawyers present closing arguments.
On Thursday, August 15, his lawyers are expected to argue before the CCMA why his dismissal from the SABC should be set aside.
He would only announce his next move once proceedings had been finalised.
He was fired by the public broadcaster in June last year after an internal disciplinary hearing found him guilty of misconduct. His contract was terminated.
Advocate Nazeer Cassim chaired his hearing. His findings included that Motsoeneng showed little regard for his contract.
He then took a case of “unfair dismissal” to the CCMA.
Last year, the Labour Court also found Motsoeneng liable for the legal costs associated with the case regarding the public broadcaster’s controversial ban on the broadcasting of protest action.
The ban led to eight journalists being fired after they protested his decision.
In June, he said he’d take his punitive cost order, by the Supreme Court of Appeal, to pay the legal fees of the respondents (SABC journalists) to the Constitutional Court.
Source: Daily Sun