Justin Timberlake has apologised for his “lapse in judgement” after he was pictured holding hands with “Palmer” co-star Alisha Wainwright. The 38-year-old singer-and-actor – who has four-year-old son Silas with his wife – was pictured last month looking close to his “Palmer” co-star and he has now spoken of his regret at such a “strong lapse in judgement” while under the influence of alcohol because he has embarrassed his family.
He said in a statement posted to Instagram: “I stay away from gossip as much as I can, but for my family I feel it is important to address recent rumors that are hurting the people that I love. A few weeks ago I displayed a strong lapse in judgement – but let me be clear – nothing happened between me and my co-star.
“I drank way too much that night and I regret my behaviour. I should have known better. This is not the example I want to set for my son. I apologise to my amazing wife and family for putting them through such an embarrassing situation, and I am focused on being the best husband and father I can be. This was not that. Justin ended his statement by stressing he is still happy to be working on “Palmer”.
He wrote: “I am incredibly proud to be working on Palmer. Looking forward to continuing to make this movie and excited for people to see it.” And the “SexyBack” hitmaker and his wife are already taking steps to move on from the scandal.
In other news – Production to resume on SABC2’s Muvhango after 3-day shutdown
Production will resume today on SABC2’s Muvhango after a 3-day shutdown in which the production company blamed the SABC for not paying it for two months. On Friday afternoon production stopped after Word of Mouth Productions told the prime time soap’s crew, cast and writers who were not paid for two months in October and November that the “SABC did not have money to pay them”.
In prime time, the public broadcaster’s Venda weekday soap lured 5.62 million viewers in October as SABC2’s most-watched show and the 5th most-watched show overall on South African television. Last week Muvhango told the SABC that it’s shutting down production with no further work being done by the writers, cast and crew. Read more