General Worker Needed – Apply Now. General Worker (Waste)
· Daily cleaning of the waste rooms and bins at Park lane & Esplanade.
· Ensuring the cleaning of CCPOA tip site.
· Assisting with maintenance and repairs at tip site and waste rooms.
· Timeous reporting of any issues to Conservation Officer.
· Assisting Conservation Officer with liaison between CCPOA and service providers for timeous removals of skips and servicing of bins.
· Assisting with reporting and general maintenance work on Intaka Island wetland, pathways, bird hides etc.
· Assisting with any other relevant work within the environmental division.
Fluent in English and/or Afrikaans
South African ID/Citizen
Must be willing /able to
– have transport, to and from work
– receive training for various skills.
Experience in waste management and recycling would be beneficial.
No criminal & disciplinary record.
· Able to work unsupervised.
· Able to take initiative.
· Good time-keeping skills
Flexible and adaptable
Friendly, helpful, and positive
Reliable, mature and responsible
Neat in appearance
Willing to work in a team.
Desire for personal development
Improve personal skills.
Able to follow instructions.
Wages starting on an hourly rate of R21.69 after the three-month probationary period there is consideration for an increase.
The above position will be based at the Intaka Island Conservation Area, reporting to the Conservation Officer. Applications with a brief motivation/CV must be submitted by close of business on 09/04/2021 to Clint Williams at CCPOA . If you have not received any feedback by the 16 of April, consider your application as unsuccessful. Successful candidates will be contacted with a date and time of their interview.
Contract length: 3 months
Application Deadline: 2021/04/09
Expected Start Date: 2021/04/21
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: R1.00 – R21.69 per hour
High School (matric) (Required)
English\ Afrikaans (Required)
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place