Forklift Driver needed urgently: Salary R7 750 per month
The purpose of this role is to ensure that raw materials and finished goods are transported to the intended location timeously, and accurately. It is the driver’s duty to ensure proper documentation and accurate records are kept tracing all movements. It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure the correct items are loaded and offloaded from the vehicle. It is the driver’s duty to ensure that the correct stock movement procedures are followed.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATOR
1. Operational tasks
MAJOR ACTIVITIES / PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Distribute supplies within the entire organization to the designated areas timeously to maintain uninterrupted work.
– Verify that correct materials have been transported between sites and ensure correct documentation is in place.
– Verify that correct materials have been received/offloaded from suppliers and paperwork is in place.
– Provide elementary administrative support tasks
2. Inventory Management
– Actively monitor and maintain a stringent FIFO system.
– Verify that correct materials are loaded and shunted between sites.
– Organizes warehouse and maintains set standards for efficient material storage and handling, including labeling, stocking, and grouping stock items on shelving.
– Assist with cycle and full stock counts if required.
– Compile a daily shift report and distribute via email
– Collate all material movement documentation and submit to supervisor
– Complete all vehicle checklists
4. Health & Safety
– Investigate health and safety-related complaints in area of responsibility.
– Enforce health and safety laws and regulations to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
– Investigate workplace incidents and near misses and report to management.
– All H&S-related documentation kept up to date and in order.
5. Health & Safety
– Implementing and maintaining housekeeping standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Must have experience in shipping and handling of material
2. Extensive product knowledge and understanding of customer base and their requirements
3. Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
1. Must have a valid forklift license
2. Minimum education qualification: Matric Certificate
1. Willing to work shifts
2. Candidate must also be willing to work overtime when requested to
3. Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking large vehicles
4. Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator
5. Excellent time-management and organizational skills required
6. Able to work night, weekends, extended hours, and holidays as needed
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: R7,750.00 per month
High School (matric) (Required)
Work Remotely: No
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place. Apply Now