Financial Controller needed Asap: APPLY NOW
The Financial Controller for the South Africa region will report to the Commercial Finance Director for the Group and will be responsible for managing the finance function.
Specific responsibilities for the role include:
· Management of the finance team for South Africa
· Oversee the production of accurate monthly accounts for the South Africa business
· Ensure appropriate financial close procedures are in place including account reconciliations, full review of P&L including overhead accounts etc.
· Establish processes and procedures to ensure the efficient management of client operations including billing processes, WIP and Debtor management
· Build good working relationships with key client contacts associated with commercial and finance aspects of our work
· Build good relationships with project teams and help support improvements in commercial and financial management of projects including managing task orders, timesheeting and billing.
· Build good working relationships with our JV partner and develop appropriate processes and procedures for effective administration of the JV
· Work with HKA’s corporate functions to ensure that South Africa is aligned with the overall group
· Work with the business to complete accurate monthly forward forecasting
· Management and ownership of the budget process for the South Africa region in line with Corporate timetable
· Review of financial controls and reporting systems within the South Africa business
The successful candidate for the position will have a professional accountancy qualification and significant work experience in a financial role, preferably with a white-collar professional service and client-oriented organization, with proven leadership skills.
While interest in and knowledge of the changing landscape of the construction claims industry would be helpful, specific industry experience is not a requirement and HKA is open to persons with experience in different sectors that might provide relevance.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities will include:
· Strong financial analytical skills: calculating and interpreting financial trends and information across fiscal years and in connection with ongoing strategic planning
· Experience of leading a finance team including developing and training team members
· Analytical mind with meticulous attention to detail ensuring all outputs are delivered to the highest standard of accuracy
· Ability to establish and meet deadlines
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· The ability to demonstrate a commitment to being objective and unbiased
· The ability to multi-task and perform the essential duties of the position amidst time constraints, interruptions, and stressful situations
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent. Apply Now