Exports Controller wanted immediately: Salary R18 000 to R22 000 Per Month
Employer: Specifying Personnel
My client based in Pietermaritzburg is searching for a strong candidate who can hit the ground running for an Exports Controller position.
Purpose of the position:
The Exports Controller ensures correct paperwork is in place for shipments and their exporters so that the customer
receives the product on time and in full. To fulfill the Export customer’s order, they must carry out all customer service activities such as resolving problems, responding to inquiries and handling complaints, issues, and concerns, in a prompt, courteous and effective manner by performing the following duties.
An Export Controller will receive and collate customer export paperwork on CAMS.
• Export Controller is responsible for the allocation of stock to bookings and processing shipments in accordance with SOP.
• Must be familiar with custom procedures for the different countries and be able to work with appointed routed agents and company-operated services. (Air, Sea, and Road Transport)
• Accepts and enters orders from faxed or emailed documentation.
• Verifies and monitors schedule to ensure all orders have been scheduled correctly and the schedule
changes do not impact the customer.
• Verifies product availability on all orders and communicates product shortages to customer.
• Coordinates special requests with traffic and operations, expediting order as needed.
• Traces orders as required and notify customers of any activity concerning account.
• Constant communication with internal departments e.g. Planning
• Ensure all required documentation is maintained and that filing is up to date
• Problem resolution and constant and timeous customer feedback to ensure the needs of the customer are satisfied.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a Sales Exports role or similar is required.
• Previous Experience of loading containers and dealing with freight forwarding and shipping lines is essential
• Must have knowledge of the different country’s requirements in terms of documentation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, CAMS and ERP is essential
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours (lunch breaks or staying late to accommodate shipping deadlines), think outside of the box
• Proven track record in achieving monthly targets
• Matric with Mathematics
• Logistics/Supply chain qualification is preferable
• 3-5 years’ experience in an Exports environment dealing with air, shipping and road transporters is
Competencies The ideal candidate should encompass:
Attention to detail
Planning and organizing skills
High work standards
Verbal and written communication skills
Basic salary is R18 000 – R 22 000 negotiable based on experience. Benefits are medical aid, pension fund, 13th cheque, and profit share.
Apply before Monday, November 18, 2019 – 59 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful. Apply Now