Spaghetti Bolognaise with Wilted Rocket. 45 Mins cooking time, 10 Min preparation time and Serves 4 – 6.
- 750 g Beef Mince
- 60 ml Oil
- 1 Large Onion finely chopped
- 1 Can of Tomatoes chopped or diced
- 250 ml Boiling Water
- 15 ml Tomato Paste
- 10 ml Sugar
- 750 g Spaghetti
- Fresh Rocket (Bunch)
- 15 ml Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 30 ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 30 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 5 ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- Brown the mince and onion together with the Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice and Robertsons Paprika in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and water and stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Add the tomato paste and sugar. Simmer the sauce for about 40 minutes.
- If the sauce becomes too dry, add a little water. Stir in the Robertsons Mixed Herbs.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted, boiling water, with a little oil added to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Cook for about 12 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Drain the pasta and stir through the rocket and Robertsons Crushed Chillies.
- Serve immediately with the mince sauce.
- The trick when adding dried herbs to a saucepan is not to hold the bottle directly over the saucepan allowing steam to damage your herbs.
- Place the quantity you need in a spoon. Also add them near the end of the cooking process so you get the most advantage of their delicate flavours.
Culinary TipWhen searing or browning something be careful not to turn it too much or to interfere with it while it is browning. If you cannot cleanly slide a spatula underneath it and it is sticking then it is simply not yet ready to be turned. Allow it to develop a nice crust and don’t be tempted to fiddle!