Recipe for Lamb Fruit Kebabs… Prep Time: 15 minutes… Cook Time: 20 minutes
Iced fruit-flavoured rooibos tea is the basis for this unique and distinctive marinade that will make your lamb kebabs really sizzle with flavour.
- 4 SPAR rooibos tea bags
- 400 ml SPAR red grape fruit juice
- 300 g SPAR mixed dried fruit (2 x 150 g packets)
- 10 ml lemon zest
- 10 ml orange zest
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 800 g cubed lean lamb
- 30 ml SPAR Spanish extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour 400 ml boiling water onto the tea bags. Set aside to brew until strong.
- Discard the teabags and combine the tea with all the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for as long as possible, (even all day or overnight is fine.)
- Discard the cinnamon stick and thread the fruit and lamb alternately onto skewers.
- Braai lightly, turning until the lamb is cooked through and tender.
Hints and Tips
Be aware of what lamb cubes you buy for these kebabs ; do not use stewing lamb.
Lamb may be substituted with boneless chicken thighs.
Recommended accompaniment: potato bake and green salad
Recommended wine: Merlot