This easy Mexican-style chicken and rice bake is an easy dinner that can be prepped in just 10 minutes. Packed with flavour and topped with fresh citrus, the whole family will love this easy dinner.
– 4 chicken breast fillets
– 1 tbs taco seasoning
– 2 tbs olive oil
– 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
– 1 large red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
– 3 x 250g pkts long-grain microwavable rice
– 2 1/2 cups (625ml) chicken stock
– 2 x 180g tubs Black Swan Warming Cheesy Chilli Chipotle dip
– Avocado wedges, to serve
– Cherry tomatoes, halved, to serve
– Coriander sprigs, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the chicken, taco seasoning and 1 tbs oil in a bowl. Heat an ovenproof frying pan over high heat. Cook the chicken for 3 mins on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining 1 tbs of oil in the pan. Add the onion and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until the onion softens. Add rice, stock and three-quarters of the dip and stir to combine. Return chicken to the pan and spoon over the remaining dip.
Bake for 15 mins or until the sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through.
Top the chicken mixture with avocado and tomato. Sprinkle with coriander. Season with pepper to serve.
source – cooking365coza